Okay, not to be a hater, but turning 18 sucks. Sure you can vote, join the military, and move out of your parents' home. But it's not as fun as most people would have you believe.
1) First there is that weird expectation that you can now officially take care of yourself which is straight up just not true.via giphy
2) Your grandparents, aunts, and uncles abruptly stop giving you cash at family parties.
3) You think that moving out will make you happy but, when you finally do, you realize life is all bills, rent, and income tax.
4) The fact that you still feel like a kid but...you're just not.
5) Three words: Adult movie ticket (£12.50)
6) Your best friends that you've known since you were a kid slowly start to move away.
7) You start to find yourself waiting in line at boring grown up places like the Post Office, the supermarket, the pharmacy. It's like turning 18 suddenly triggers the boring errand mechanism.
8) Whenever you get in trouble your parents start every sentence by saying "you're 18 now so..." as if somehow you forgot.
gif via tumblr
9) Suddenly the crushing weight of EVERYTHING starts to feel like a real f*cking burden.
10) And you can't help but wish you were 12 years old again watching Spongebob on a Saturday morning instead of...whatever you're doing right at this very moment.
image via Buzzfeed