Insomnia isn't just for old people. Researchers say that trouble sleeping for young people is almost as common as anxiety issues in the same age bracket. Trouble sleeping can come from almost anything; stress, anxiety, dietary issues can all be factors. The annoying thing is that people who have normal sleep patterns can never really understand what it's like to have trouble sleeping.
1) The fact that you know the late night television schedule like the back of your hand.
2) You know every sleep trick in the book.
3) The side eye you give when someone says, "why don't you just go to sleep earlier?"
4) Everyone thinks you're irresponsible because you always stay up late but you legitimately can. not. fall. asleep.
5) You start to realize that 3am internet is kind of bizarre.
6) Going out into the world knowing you only got 2 hours of sleep.
7) When you tell someone you have sleep troubles and they start their sentence with, "Have you tried--"
8) The pure freedom of 2 am snacking.
9) Watching Netflix until the sun comes up and then really wondering where your life is headed.
10) Eventually embracing your near constant delirium.