For the past week, fully grown humans have been chasing fictional creatures in pursuit of I Don't Know What on a game called Pokémon GO. Quite frankly, it's madness.
Though millions are playing the game, there is a large, but silent, majority that have not. In that group, profound questions are being asked: have people gone mad? Is this the end of the world as we know it? What the f*ck is a Pokémon gym?
So we are less alone, this post is in honour of all those that don't have a clue what's going on. Stay strong, comrades, it will all be over soon.
1. Literally, what the eff is happening?
2. You see this and think someone must be having a bad trip.
3. The rise in Pokémon poetry is making your eyes bleed.
4. How!? Did Pikachu do the dumbbells for you?
honestly i'm more exhausted from #PokemonGo than i am from the gym.— Will Shepherd (@shep689) July 12, 2016
5. Don't worry Kami, you are not alone.
I've come to the conclusion that I'm the only person who doesn't understand Pokemon go— kami gibson (@kamgibbss) July 12, 2016
6. Nope. Nothing. No idea.
7. Is a rare Pokémon the same as a rare pepe?
I hope there's some really rare Pokemon at the show tonight 4 y'all.— h (@halsey) July 9, 2016
8. WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO MY PRECIOUS PEPE? THERE WILL BE BLOOD FOR THIS.
9. That time everyone else downloaded Pokémon GO and killed your social life for good.
10. The more Pokémon-related things you see, the deeper your resentment grows.
i have no idea what this pokemon thing is & i am deeply committed to it remaining that way— Lou (@MsLou27) July 11, 2016
11. Two weeks ago I would have assumed this tweet was about Grindr.
There's a freaking jigglypuff nearby but I'm in my pjs and CBF going go find it #PokemonGO— Blossom (@Sparkie_Gal) July 12, 2016
12. Leave the real animals out of this war of attrition ffs.
13. Why are people ridiculing their children like this?
"Are you trying to take a picture"— Gavin Meme (@GavMemes) July 11, 2016
"No, I'm playing Pokemon go" pic.twitter.com/R6e9QKzmvv
14. You're not even on the game but you feel like you are.
15. Delete yourself.
'Cause you know i'd walk 1000 miles if i could just see Mew tonight #PokemonGO— Laura (@Br0kennSmile) July 12, 2016