Well we didn't expect this!
Yesterday, Liam Payne announced that he had signed a deal with Capitol Records to release a solo album. Holy fuck.
He tweeted yesterday to announce the news, "Happy to have signed to @Capitol UK. They have an amazing history of artists, I hope I can follow in their footsteps".
Liam followed that with another tweet attempting to calm fears about the band's future. And, if we're honest, he didn't do a very good job of it. He tweeted: "One direction will always be my home and family but I'm very excited to see what this chapter brings." Yeah, sure...
1) The 1D fandom was quite concerned, to say the least.
2) EVERYONE STICK TOGETHER.
3) Where is Niall? HAS ANYONE SEEN NIALL!?!
4) Now is NOT the time for jokes, guys.
5) This is an emergency.
6) The #OneDirectionIsOverParty was savage.
One direction literally split off into different directions #OneDirectionIsOverParty :((— Nick Horton (@itsnickhorton) July 22, 2016
8) This is actually wild.
9) Is no one thinking about the long term heartbreak this breakup is having on a whole generation? I'm dead inside.
10) Oh Niall.
12) Remember this: Ross and Rachel got back together in the end. You must have faith!