In most situations, being a card carrying introvert isn't so much of a daily nuisance. You learn to work around it, take breaks from people when you need to, and explain to people why you tend to be more observant and less talkative. But, in situations like school, it seems there are some struggles that are just unavoidable.
1. When people don't get that you're wired a bit differently for social situations so everyone mistakes your quietness for being stuck up.
2. When you haven't bothered making friends all semester and your teacher says the dreaded words "everyone partner up".
3. Always trying to keep a low profile and getting called on in class anyway.
4. Then there's the unfortunate position of being pretty outgoing in high school because you've known your classmates all your life and then you go off to university and suddenly you find it's hard to be around...everyone.
5. Explaining to your parents that yes, needing a "mental health day" to recharge from school is a real thing.
6. The exhausting feeling of forcing yourself to interact with people all day and then feeling physically drained as soon as you walk through the door.
7. "You're so smart. I wish you would participate in class discussions more often."
8. When you say something funny in class for the first time and someone says "I didn't know she could speak!"
9. Knowing that your personality is actually very lit but feeling like no one at your school deserves to discover that fact.
10) Having people at school constantly introduce you as their "shy friend".
11) When everyone in class is having a lively debate and you're looking out the window wondering if your leftovers are still in the fridge cuz you'll definitely be eating them during your TV marathon tonight, boiiii.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___
From Brendon Urie to The Vamps, here are the best bits from the #PopBuzzPodcast in 2016. Listen right here or subscribe for free on iTunes to get new episodes sent straight to your phone every Wednesday.