Do you smell that? It's the fresh scent of new iPhone season. After months of rumors, "leaks", and speculation, Apple's annual September announcements have come and gone.
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about the iPhone 7 and Apple's other plans.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- The rumors were true. Apple is ditching the headphone jack and is looking bravely toward a wireless future.
- If you want to keep things purely Apple, you'll likely be opting for the pricey (and perhaps problematic) airpods. But don't fret there are plenty of ways to get your music on the iPhone 7 besides the airpods.
- The new iPhone 7 is water resistant, armed with longer battery life, and a better camera. Apple have also ditched the 16 gb option for the iPhone 7. All phones start at 32 gb.
- The iPhone 7 will be available in 5 colours.
- Retail price for a 32gb iPhone 7 starts at $649 (£599)
- They're out for shipment starting September 16th
Although it's a brave new world of no headphone jacks, younger users don't seem to be overly impressed with this decision.
THERES NO HEADPHONE JACK ON THE IPHONE 7, RIP TO "Hey pass me the Aux cord"— NATHAN TRISKA (@Nathan_Triska) September 8, 2016
So I was gonna get an iPhone 7 but since they're removing the headphone jack they can literally lick my anus— G H A S T L Y (@Ghastly) September 7, 2016
Some other cool stuff?
- Apple watch 2 is now made durable for swimmers and runners. The watch will discharge water through its speakers, an area where the first Apple watch fell down miserably.