You're only seventeen once but, God, isn't it the longest once of your life? Along the bumpy road toward the end of childhood, there sure is a lot of rubbish stuff people like to spout isn't there? Here are some things 17 year olds are really sick of hearing.
1) “I know your 18th birthday is soon but this is something you’ll only understand when you’re an adult”
Okay, what on earth is so monumental that I won’t understand now but in 3 months I’ll TOTALLY get?
2) Any sentence that begins with “when I was 17”.
No, you’re cut off. Cancelled. Just don’t bother.
3) "We’re going to a country where the legal drinking age is 16 but you’re still not allowed to drink”.
4) “Wow! You’re almost an adult. Any plans for the big day?”
NO. Oh God. Don’t ask me to plan something. Especially as it pertains to adulthood.
5) “17 year olds should not be allowed to vote. They’re just too immature.”
Hmm. Okay. Ya’ll need to stop saying that because it’s dumb as hell. 12 months is supposed to make a massive difference?
6) “You think you’re all grown up but as long as you live under my roof….”
Yes. Yep. I get it. I’ve lived under this roof for 17 years, what’s another 12 months.
via E Online
7) “You’re only 17? But you look about 24”
Yeah, son. Looks can be deceiving. It’s called contour and highlight. Look it up.
8) ”You’re so entitled! Just watch. Everything will change when you’re 18.”
Yes, I am sleep deprived, riddled with anxiety, worried about the future, and low key have more friends on the internet than I do IRL. But sure. I’m soooo entitled. Let’s go with that.
9) “Look at what [insert random 17 yo celebrity/athlete] has accomplished. Why couldn’t you have been a random celebrity/athlete before adulthood?”
Great. Give me £3,000 so I can enroll in something to make me famous and let’s put my 17 year old butt to WORK.
10) Pretty soon your dancing queen days will be over”
Saddest part of not being 17 anymore is that fact that dancing queen no longer pertains to me— Bailey Parrot (@baileyparrot7) August 14, 2016
I only have one more day left of being 17 therefore I am only the Dancing Queen for 24 more hours. So I know what I'm doing today...— Gabbe Meloccaro (@GabbeMeloccaro) August 14, 2016
omg i just realised i have 6 months left of being 17, and i have yet to embrace the fact these are my dancing queen days— (@sadasiangal) August 14, 2016