As a vegetarian, it is my narcissistic duty to inform you that a) yes, I am a vegetarian and b) I do feel morally superior to everybody (except vegans).
When you're a vegan and haven't told anyone in 8 minutes pic.twitter.com/3oGjWUxr12— king virgin (@Sanchovies) December 12, 2015
Not really. But that's the perception of a lot of us vegetarians and vegans. And, y'know what? Fine, whatever. Who cares? They can laugh and joke all they like but at least I know when the farm yard animal revolution arises, it ain't gonna be me who the cows string up by their ankles and dish out a 1000 lashings to.
But the realities of being a veggie/vegan can be pretty tough, as these folks know.
1. You know you're officially a vegan or vegetarian when this starts happening to you.
People's favorite question to ask me is if I am still vegan.— Cassie (@cassnloveee) August 11, 2016
2. And the family start piling on the pressure (and the steaks).
My mom told me to quit being a vegetarian because it's too hard to feed me lol— Nevin Lemos (@NevsterLemos) August 16, 2016
3. Your Grandma is usually the worst.
4. When people mention how healthy you must be because you're vegan and you're like...
me: eats 20 tubs of hummus and 14 tubes of Pringles— ren (@renxyeats) December 9, 2015
me: it's ok it's healthy it's vegan
5. It can go the other way though and people are really ~concerned~ with your diet and you gotta do some schooling.
6. People will have a warped perception of what you eat.
Things people think I love to eat but I actually don't eat ever:— ajabshire (@ajabshire) August 2, 2016
1. Iceberg lettuce#VeganProblems
Who actually likes ice berg lettuce anyway?
7. On the opposite end of the spectrum, sometimes vegetarian food is too good to be true. Like, it this actually meat-free?
8. And yet the questions keep coming. "Do you eat fish?"
9. "Oh, fish counts as a meat?"
10. "Don't those sweets you're eating have gelatin in?"
11. When you're promised a free breakfast but this happens.
12. So you have to go out hunting for your own sandwiches.
13. Vegan goals.