Those of us who had the privilege of watching Arthur as kids got a very early lesson in savagery. In fact, I can't think of a single cartoon more savage than Arthur.
In the early 2000s, 4 pm on a weekday was extremely lit. Celery sticks and peanut butter on deck. You knew the drill.
Arthur meme blowing up cuz that was the most Lit cartoon you could watch without having cable ...— Flea Larcen (@WhoIsFlea) August 7, 2016
1) Long before Project Runway, Arthur was giving lessons on how to dress to kill the competition. You better get em' BOI.
2) And, of course, there was DW who knew the two most important things in life: being rich and being cute.
3) DW also taught us the pure savagery of a subtle lie.
4) Of course, self-restraint is key to achieve maximum savagery.
When you realise the Arthur meme is just the government distracting us from Harambe's unjust death. pic.twitter.com/Fa8WowTMrP— mthja Ψ (@_mthja) August 5, 2016
5) Arthur had the squad in formation way before Queen Bey demanded it.
6) When you totally related to Buster's 'innocence lost' moment of realizing that people could lie on the internet.
7) When DW gave a harsh but necessary lesson in doing what needs to be done.
8) Revenge honey, you heard of it?
9) [Presented without comment]
10) Even Arthur's dad was slick. King of the public television sly dig.
11) Muffy was the queen on not giving a f*ck, tbh. A true inspiration.
12) "Can I ask you a question?
Me after having someone over at my house more than 3 hours https://t.co/yN17KTohdY— Abby Stephens (@abba_dabba_17) August 14, 2016